TERMS OF SERVICE UPDATE
VEHICLE SANITATION PROCEDURES
Each vehicle’s interior and exterior are to be thoroughly sanitized before and after every service.
- The use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) is required and used during the deep cleaning and sanitation of each vehicle.
- The use of disinfecting products that are Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) registered disinfectants – all proven to eliminate 99% of bacteria and germs, including coronaviruses (e.g. SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19).
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting protocols focused on thoroughly disinfecting all frequently touched areas including seats, armrests, headrests, vents, interior/exterior door handles, windows, control switches, seat belts, and any other ‘touch-prone’ areas in a vehicle.
- The additional wipe down after the disinfecting procedures are finished is to be performed in order to remove any chemical residues and lingering odors.
CHAUFFEUR HYGIENE PROCEDURES
- For personal hygiene, this starts with the policy of “continuous handwashing.” In accordance with the OSHA best practices, proper preventative hygiene for those in contact with the public includes:
- Handwashing, 1) whenever possible, and 2) always washing hands between each ride and/ or stop
- Wearing a mask or other covering of the nose and mouth when near passengers or in confined spaces with passengers
- Never touch your eyes, nose, or mouth during a ride
- Never touch a passenger for any reason
- Two hours prior to every service, chauffeurs will receive a notification to confirm that they have enacted all service and sanitation protocols, along with the confirmation of the chauffeur wearing a mask. This must be completed prior to departing for pickups.
- Chauffeurs who are exhibiting symptoms or who have tested positive for COVID-19 will be removed from future services and require a physician’s clearance in order to deliver services once more.
SERVICE PROCEDURES AND CHANGES
- Az Limo’s standard policy for providing basic passenger consumables (e.g. snacks, mints, water, tissues, etc.) have been amended and limited to only bottles of water which are provided in individual one-use packaging.
- In addition to the consumables above, chauffeurs are to offer passengers (to accept at their discretion) disinfectant hand wipes and/ or alcohol-based hand sanitizer which are not in one-use individual packaging.
- In addition to pre-ride cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfection procedures, all chauffeurs are to perform a wipe down of luggage handles, or any other passenger personal effects handled or stowed by their chauffeur before passenger handoff.
- The common chauffeur courtesy of greeting passengers with a handshake has been replaced with a simple bow, a tip of the hat, and/or an informal greeting salute.
- Removal of all other passenger convenience items and frequently touched items such as reading materials and cell phone chargers
- Az Limo requires that all passengers, including the chauffeur, are seated as far apart as a vehicle configuration allows during the service. This is accomplished in part by significantly limiting the passenger count for all vehicles. Approximate passenger capacities for service during COVID-19 are approximately 50% of normal (this includes not allowing passengers to ride in the front seat) in order to equally provide all of our passengers with a safe and responsible level of service.