When you think of great tourist spots, a desert probably isn’t the first thing that comes to mind. And yet, the beautiful state of Arizona is exactly that. Filled with natural wonders, quaint small towns, and huge vibrant cities, Arizona is a place you must visit at least once in your lifetime.
Whether you’re looking to have some fun during a weekend stay in AZ, or you’re organizing a bus trip that requires you to rent multiple charter buses in Phoenix, you’ll first need to figure out which places you’re going to be visiting.
We’re here to help! In this article, we’ll give you a list of the most famous tourist destinations in Phoenix and the rest of Arizona. Keep reading to learn more.
What is AZ famous for?
Although tourist cities like Sedona and Phoenix are extremely popular, Arizona is most famous for its many natural beauties. Its iconic desert landscape and rock formations do not occur anywhere else in the world and are unique to the American Southwest.
Here are four places you must visit:
- Grand Canyon is one of the largest and most recognizable landmarks on Earth. At over 277 miles long, up to 18 miles wide, and up to a mile deep, it truly needs to be seen to be believed. For the best experience, take a helicopter ride over and through the canyon.
- Antelope Canyon is so strange and beautiful that it may seem artificial at first glance. Shafts of light fall down on the tourists as they walk between its twisting, sculpted sandstone walls, making for a truly filmic and memorable experience.
- Saguaro National Park shows nature at its harshest and most beautiful. Located near Tucson, it offers visitors an unprecedented look at desert fauna and flora, as well as an opportunity to enjoy its many hiking trails, some of which lead all the way up into the mountains.
- Havasu Falls is a 100-foot high forked waterfall with a set of bluish green water pools at its base. The Havasupai Indians have further enhanced this natural paradise by carving out numerous smaller waterfalls and bathing pools in the travertine rock.
What is famous in Phoenix?
With its warm and dry climate, its many historic neighbors, its abundant cultural attractions, and its outstanding selection of hotels and resorts, the city of Phoenix is every tourist’s dream. A visitor could spend months in Phoenix and still not see everything it has to offer.
Here are three must-see places in Phoenix:
- Apache Trail is widely considered to be one of the most spectacular drives in the Phoenix area. Running through the Superstition Mountains, this 40-mile long trail offers drivers an amazing view of canyons, deserts, lakes, and geologic formations.
- Heard Museum showcases the art and culture of the Indian people of the American Southwest. Its many exhibits include pottery, textiles, jewelry, basketwork, and kachina dolls.
- Papago Park is a gorgeous natural area located within the city itself. It contains numerous hiking trails, the most popular of which are the Double Butte Loop and the Elliot Ramada trails. It even houses wildlife such as bighorn sheep and rabbits.
Where can I rent the finest charter buses in Phoenix?
If you’re looking for a reputable transportation service that can help you organize a safe and comfortable trip for yourself and others, look no further than AZLIMO.COM. As the top transportation company in Arizona, we pride ourselves on our flawless track record and the unparalleled versatility of our service. Our fleet of high-end limos, vans, and buses utilizes cutting-edge transportation technologies and is operated by the most experienced chauffeurs in Arizona. Give us a call today if you’d like to learn more about what we offer, or use our website to quickly get a free quote.